Siplet connected to CoffeeMud
|Stable release||5.8.5 / Template:Release date and age|
|Programming language used||Java|
|Platform||Cross-Platform (Linux, BSD, Solaris, Microsoft Windows)|
Overview[edit | edit source]
CoffeeMUD is designed to be a flexible and extensible MUD engine with a large array set of customizeable gameplay and editing features. The project's goal is to provide a basis for the creation of various fantasy games for both the technically inclined and others.
Technical information[edit | edit source]
The last version of CoffeeMUD released by Bo Zimmerman is 5.9.8 as of Jul 20, 2019. 
The engine was originally designed for game building to be done by creating in-game objects in Java and integrating them using the online-creation abilities. This was later extended to allow all aspects of game creation to occur online.
History[edit | edit source]
Version 1.0 was released in March 2001, though the engine's features didn't start growing in earnest until 2003, when new revisions began appearing every 1–3 weeks through early 2007. Since 2007, new revisions have been less frequent.
References[edit | edit source]
- CoffeeMud NOTICE
- CoffeeMud License
- "Programming For Kids". davidwees.com.
- CoffeeMUD Features Accessed January 26, 2010
- CoffeeMUD Sourceforge Repository Accessed January 27, 2010
- CoffeeMUD Source Analysis by Ohloh Accessed February 25, 2013
- "CoffeeMud MUDGrinder". coffeemud.org.
- "Build 18.104.22.168". coffeemud.net.
- "Build 0". coffeemud.net.