Lars Pensjö of Sweden is the original author of the LPMud MUD engine and the LPC programming language, and is one of the founders of Genesis LPMud, notable for their part in the history of MMORPGs as well as the Pike programming language. He attended Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden, from 1980 to 1984. He was a member of the as of 2008 defunct Chalmers Datorförening ("CD"), after which the CD gamedriver and mudlib were named.
References[edit | edit source]
- Bartle, Richard (2003). Designing Virtual Worlds. New Riders. pp. 10. ISBN 0-13-101816-7. "LPMUD was named after its author, Lars Pensjö of the University of Gothenburg, Sweden."
- Shah, Rawn; Romine, James (1995). Playing MUDs on the Internet. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.. pp. 158. ISBN 0-471-11633-5. "... the original Mudlib distributed by LP, Lars Pensjö, and his team."
- Mulligan, Jessica; Patrovsky, Bridgette (2003). Developing Online Games: An Insider's Guide. New Riders. pp. 451. ISBN 1-59273-000-0. "Lars Penjske creates LPMud and opens Genesis."
- "The History of Pike". Pike. Retrieved on 2009-09-09. "In the beginning, there was Adventure. Then a bunch of people decided to make multi-player adventure games. One of those people was Lars Pensjö at the Chalmers university in Gothenburg, Sweden. For his game he needed a simple, memory-efficient language, and thus LPC (Lars Pensjö C) was born. About a year later Fredrik Hübinette started playing one of these games and found that the language was the most easy-to-use language he had ever encountered."
- "Lysators medlemsmöte 2008-10-01". Retrieved on 9 September 2009.
- "Lars Pensjö". Eniro Personer. Retrieved on 9 September 2009.
- "Lars Pensjö". Solvikingarna. Retrieved on 9 September 2009.
- "O.S.A. Gårda AB". Retrieved on 9 September 2009.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Lars Pensjö.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with MUD Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).